Dear member of the Oxford and Cambridge community,
It gives me great pleasure to invite members of OCSI for the Annual Dinner of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India, to be held on Saturday 12th March 2016. This is YOUR event, the one time in the year where alumni from the two universities can gather in a convivial environment, with great company, music and speeches, good food and drink. Do make a special effort to join us at the dinner for this is a tradition we urge you to support and further our fellowship.
If you are not a member, please do become one as there are several member-only events, a Discount Card (coming soon!), and other benefits that are available only to OCSI members. http://www.oxbridgeindia.com/membership/
Through the generosity of our friends and supporters, we have ensured that the ticket price is well below the cost, so we are able to offer special prices to OCSI members (along with spouse, partner, companion, guest) as below:
- Early Bird discounted price of Rs 2,000 per head (for bookings made and payment received till 29th February 2016)
- Regular price of Rs 2,500 per head (even this is a discounted amount) for bookings made and payment received till 11th March 2016
- After 11th March, we will accept payment only at the gate in cash at the regular price of Rs 2,500 but we cannot guarantee that there will be places available (so do check before coming if you make your plans at the last minute)
Details of the Annual Dinner are as below:
Venue: 12 Safdarjung Lane (opposite the exit gate of Delhi Gymkhana Club), New Delhi – 110 011 (lawns and residence of Mr. Mani Shankar Aiyar, Cambridge alumnus and member of OCSI)
Date: Saturday, 12th March 2016 (7 pm onwards)
– 7:00 pm: Bar opens, drinks and light snacks
– 7:30 pm: President’s speech
– 7:35 pm: Speaker’s Corner
– 8:30 pm: Dinner service commences (several services till 11pm)
We have planned an excellent and wide menu of North Indian food, with a good range of alcohol and soft drinks at the bar (all included in the price).
At this Annual Dinner, I would also like to continue with the Speaker’s Corner, in the best traditions of Oxbridge debating and free speech. Any member can speak on any subject of his/her liking provided it is not indecent or blasphemous. Suggestions – books a member has written, recent experiences in their work life, reminiscences of time at Oxbridge, adventurous travel experiences, social issues. Members can speak for 3-5 minutes including a few interjections. All those interested should please drop an email to Mr. Anish Dayal or Ms. Mahima Puri at: email@example.com with a short description of the subject they wish to speak on.
Payment can be made in cash, by cheque or through electronic transfer. Do also send us an email so that we can track your payment.
Please send cash or a cheque in favour of “The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India” to Mr Uday Walia, c/o S&R Associates, 64 Okhla Industrial Estate Phase III, New Delhi 110020.
Electronic transfer details:
– Beneficiary Name: THE OXFORD AND CAMBRIDGE SOCIETY OF INDIA
– Beneficiary Account Number: 493702010000397
– Bank Details: Union Bank of India, South Extension Branch, New Delhi 110049, India
– IFSC Code: UBIN0549371
– MICR Code: 110026044
Mr. Uday Walia can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to welcoming you at the Annual Dinner. Please do spread the word amongst the Oxbridge community and encourage your friends and associates to join us on 12th March.
President, The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India