Notice of the Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (the “Society”) will be held on Saturday, 3 September 2016 at 6.00 pm at the Conference Room 2 (Above the Main Dining Hall), India International Centre (Main Block), Max Mueller Marg, New Delhi 110 003 to transact the following business:
1. To approve the minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting of the Society held on 9 September 2015.
2. To consider the financial statements of the Society for the financial year ending on 31 March 2016 (“FY 2016”).
3. To approve the re-appointment of Vishwanath, Singh & Associates, Chartered Accountants, as the statutory auditors of the Society.
4. To inform the members of the scholarships available for FY 2016 and awards made during FY 2016.
5. To condole the death of members that passed away since the previous AGM and to welcome new members that joined during this year.
6. To provide a summary of the Society’s events since the previous AGM.
7. To conduct elections for the appointment of the Office Bearers and the Executive Committee of the Society consisting of (i) President, (ii) Vice President, (iii) Secretary & Treasurer and (iv) Six members of the Executive Committee. Details are available in the President’s previous letter of 6 June 2016, which can be seen on our website, and the President’s letter of 24 July 2016.
8. To enable the incoming President, Office Bearers and Executive Committee of the Society to provide a broad outline of their plans for the year ahead.
9. Any other business with permission of the Chair.
For and on behalf of The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India
Honorary Secretary and Treasurer
Please note that that Annual General Meeting is only open to members of the Society and not to alumni of the two universities who are not members of the Society, or to any other persons. If you are a member of the Society, you would have recently received your Life Membership Card through email. If you are unsure of your status, please write to the Secretary (Mr Uday Walia) at email@example.com